Flexible Industry Solutions
Norphonic Heavy Duty VoIP Telephones are sold as standard units, but can also be tailored to suit your individual needs. This flexibility means that our solutions can be used in a number of different areas and for a wide variety of purposes, including:
- Emergency Roadside Telephone (ERT) – used in "SOS" Call Boxes at bridges or alongside public highways and inside tunnels.
- Public Emergency Telephone (SOS Telephone) - used in places where people may feel vulnerable or unsafe at night, such as University Campuses, Underground Car Parking Facilities, Public Swimming Pools or along the Coastline where the public may wish to report swimmers or boats in danger at sea.
- Public Information Telephone –used in "call-for-assistance" type applications, for example in large shopping centres, airports or transport terminals.
- Industrial Telephone / Production Environment Telephone –used in challenging environments that are exposed to high levels of air humidity, dust, vibration or extreme tempratures, for example food processing plants chemical processing sites, mines, production floors and transit tunnels.
- Mining Telephone – used by mining workers in underground shafts and other mining areas.
- Service Telephone – used by service engineers and maintenance personnel to communicate with a central control room
- Elevator Telephone (vehicle-, boat-, aircraft- and passenger elevators) – used to call for help in case of elevator emergencies or entrapment
- Point to Point Communication Telephone – used to connect two points, often installed in large lifting machinery, cranes, production floors, mines and wind power systems
- Signal Telephone (Trackside Telephone) - used at railway signal stations and along railway tracks
- Level Crossing Telephone – used for emergency calls or information access at platforms and railway crossings
- Station, or Platform Telephone – used for transport information at railway stations (or platforms)
- Outdoor Telephone - used in public places such at at train terminals, car parks and other public places.
- PA/VA Telephone– often used as part of a larger PA/VA (Public Address / Voice Alarm) system to transfer voice, data and/or images to a Central Station.
- Access Control Telephone – often used as a part of a larger Access Control system to communicate with a central control room at door entrance points, to open and close doors or gates etc.
What Features do I Need?
We realise that many customers find it hard to determine what telephone product will suit a particular need, and indeed what features and functionality to look for in their particular application. To help with this, we have created some useful Applicaiton Guides which outlines key issues when selecting Emergency Roadside Telephones (ERT phones), Industrial Telephones or other telephone types. We have also added some case study examples within these application areas, and hopefully you find these useful. Please look at the menu to the left to access these Application Guides.
If you could not find what you were looking for on this webpage, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will only be pleased to assist you further in your selection process. We will also add to this library over time, so please check back for updates.